Total Passengers by year
The morning hours of 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. and the afternoon hours of 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. are the busiest at Buffalo Niagara Airport.
Passengers are recommended to arrive 3 hours before an international flight departure and 2 hours before a domestic flight departure to accommodate for probable delays and TSA security wait periods.
History of Buffalo Niagara International Airport
- Buffalo Municipal Airport first opened its doors in 1926.
- Passenger and mail service began in 1927.
- The terminal’s first extension, to 11 gates, was completed in 1955, doubling the terminal’s square footage.
- A new terminal with 15 gates opened in 1997, and the previous ones were removed to make room for growth.
- Buffalo Niagara International Airport expanded in the early twenty-first century with the addition of low-cost carriers Southwest and JetBlue.
- BUF surpassed the 5 million passenger mark in 2006.
- A new fire station was completed in 2017.
- The terminal is undergoing a significant repair and redevelopment project that will be completed in 2021.
|WORLD AREA CODE||22|
|ZIP CODE||NY 14225|
|IATA METROPOLITAN CODE||BUF|
The single terminal of the BNIA was inaugurated in November 1997. The terminal cost $56 million and included 15 gates. The building was designed by a team led by Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates of New York.
The terminal is built in the shape of a crystalline structure that resembles a large plane about to take off. Frank Lloyd Wright’s architecture, as well as the importance of flight and aviation to Buffalo, influenced the designers.
LAT / LON 42°56’25″N / -78°-43′-55″W
Buffalo Niagara Airport
Buffalo Airport (IATA: BUF, ICAO: KBUF) is a medium-sized airport in the United States. It is also known as Buffalo Niagara International Airport. It is an international airport serving the New York State region of the United States.
Tel: +1 (716) 630-6000 Address: 4200 Genesee St, Buffalo, NY 14225, USA
United States – General Information
|Country Formal Name||United States of America|
• 1 USD = 0.727 GBP
• 1 GBP = 1.375 USD
• 1 USD = 0.85 EUR
• 1 EUR = 1.177 USD
» More USD convertion rates
|Top Level Domain||.us|
|05-23||8,102 ft||150 ft||Asphalt||Yes|
|14-32||7,161 ft||150 ft||Asphalt||Yes|
Following are the nearest airports to Buffalo, NY and Buffalo Niagara International Airport. Distance between the two airports is given in bracket.
Airport Operational Statistics
General Information Buffalo Niagara Airport
Country: United States (USA)
ISO code country: US
Airport name: Buffalo Niagara International Airport
Code IATA: BUF
Code ICAO: KBUF
Time zone: -5 GMT
Altitude: 222 meters
Length of runway: 2691 meters